Social Media Internship
JCV Consulting is seeking academic interns to be a part of its social media team, which works to engage its readers on social media platforms and innovate new forms of blog posting as well as Search Engine Optimization (SEO) article writing.
Undergraduate and graduate students are preferred. Selection will be competitive. The internship is unpaid. Student must receive course credit for the internship and must produce proof of such credit. This position is based in Raleigh, NC and will be primarily virtual, with some face-to-face meetings. Applicants must commit to being available to work between 8-10 hours per week (or 120 hours over the course of a full semester), with schedules subject to restrictions and expectations set by the academic institution.
Candidates should have a general understanding of web research and some familiarity with the use of popular social media channels and the implications of how information is transmitted and shared across these social channels to reach consumers. While you should have deep familiarity with social technologies, developer skills are not required. Experience using social networks in an editorial context or related work is preferred. You should also have an excellent eye for detail and a general aptitude for writing and online research.
Applicants should submit a resume, including links to social media accounts you maintain personally.
Social media tasks will include: sparking conversations on various social media accounts — including (but not limited to):
Blog Posts and SEO Writing
Interns will be educated about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as well as how to use blogging platforms, such as WordPress, to create thought-provoking, optimized content for a diverse group of national-level clients.
Interns will also be expected to assist with web content writing in the form of blog posts as well as general article writing. The intern will work closely with the social media editors, Webmaster and developers, providing general support and working on social media-related projects.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to work quickly and with limited direction
- Demonstrated online social skills (must have at minimum, a Facebook or Twitter account)
- Solid writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Assist in the daily implementation and monitoring of various aspects of digital marketing campaigns in order to maximize outreach, fan engagement, and campaign performance
- Help with the development of social growth opportunities for wide client base
- Assistance in compiling reports and statistics for client marketing campaigns
- Creativity in working with social media team to come up with digital marketing campaigns, contests and initiatives
Resumes may be emailed by clicking here. Please include “Spring/Summer/Fall Internship” in the Title heading of your email.